Leading Business Service Management Software Provider, Magnum Technologies, Reduces Discovery Time for Large Topologies By Up To 75 Percent
Posted by Media Relations on Thursday, June 1st, 2006 - Comments »
New COORDINATOR 5.0 Correlation and Root Cause Analysis Software Poses Threat to Competing Network Management Software ProvidersMINNEAPOLIS – June 1, 2006 – www.magnum-tech.com – Magnum Technologies, the leading provider of Business Service Management (BSM) software, announced today that its latest release of its COORDINATOR software which offers – some first to the industry – correlation and root cause analysis features.“The fact that COORDINATOR 5.0 offers rich capabilities for discovery, monitoring, and correlation for layer 3 switches addresses a real need for network management users,” said Dennis Drogseth, Research VP at Enterprise Management Associates. “Magnum is and has been one of the industry innovators in combining advanced technology in network and service management with deployable, well-focused solution design points.”COORDINATOR 5.0 campus correlation and root cause analysis software is being seen as a significant improvement to an IT organization as they deal with the increased complexity of their networks by utilizing this robust set of new functionality.“Our customers are dealing with infrastructure challenges that are increasingly complex and with firewalls and load balancers that are often times incomplete making them difficult to manage,” said Tim Hadden, Magnum Technologies’ EVP and CTO. “The new release of COORDINATOR captures the complex infrastructure with our advanced discovery process and root cause correlation requested by our customers.”COORDINATOR 5.0:
- Enables full discovery, monitoring, and correlation for layer 3 (as opposed to layer 2 only) switches, such as a Cisco 6509 running in native or hybrid mode
- Eliminates additional expenditure on add-on tools to create special topology links necessary for connecting campuses
- With the need for to keep up with changes in the network we have improved our discovery time by 75%.
- Eliminates the need for manual configuration to identify infrastructure components through our advanced discovery process.
- Accurately identifies the root cause and impacted devices of an outage, even in cases where the topology is incomplete.
- Accurately reports real-time correlation across layer 2 and 3 topologies because correlation is not dependant on the devices being polled.
- Determines the specific business impact of an outage – even when multiple outages occur within a redundant topology
- Correlates multi-homed devices – even where no IP forwarding exists
- Backend processing steps to deal with campuses and cases where layer 2 topology information was incomplete or unavailable – is eliminated from the discovery process
“While our customers are being challenged to measure compliance of Operational Level Agreements (OLA) through ever increasing ITIL initiatives,” Hadden said, “another considerable benefit COORDINATOR 5.0 offers is the reduction of discovery time for large topologies by up to 75 percent improving accuracy OLA’S back to the business.”Download the comprehensive feature sheet at: http://www.magnum-tech.com/landing/coordinator/About Magnum TechnologiesMagnum Technologies develops software solutions that align IT operations with enterprise priorities. Magnum Technologies’ suite of automated management solutions includes DIAGNOSEIT®, COORDINATOR™, CAP-TREND® and its flagship product, ADVANTAGE®.Magnum Technologies’ software solutions are designed to easily integrate with and enhance the effectiveness of existing management platforms by monitoring and measuring IT performance from a line-of-business perspective. Magnum Technologies’ clients include Fort Sam Houston, BRG and Starz. Visit Magnum Technologies at www.magnum-tech.com.