Posted by Media Relations on Friday, December 22nd, 2006 - Comments »
Remember those chain letters from your childhood? I would always groan when a friend sent me a letter that I would then have to replicate 5 times – by hand, I will add! Nothing was done by computer back then. Thankfully, when I was tagged today by my co-worker, Thomas McMahon, I knew that I could tap, tap, tap away on my keyboard and churn something out in half the time of the old days.
So, here you go, five things you never knew about me. Another interesting Web 2.0 move and very viral indeed!
1. I was born in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, where my English-born parents lived for 3 years before my birth. I then grew up in Sheffield, England, before moving to the USA in 2003.
2. I speak fluent Spanish and lived for a year in Santiago, Chile, and also for a year in Guadalajara, Mexico, where I met my Minnesotan husband.
3. When I was a child, I always wanted to be a journalist. It wasn’t until I graduated from University that Public Relations sparked my interest.
4. Growing up, I was painfully shy. In primary school, I would hide in the classroom so that I didn’t have to play with the other kids in the playground. In secondary school, I would dread speaking in class and giving presentations. Today, communicating with others is much of what I do and love.
5. I love reality shows. I can’t wait for the New Year when there will be new American Idol, Survivor and the Amazing Race.